Nova Scotia Update:
3 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations
0 new ICU cases
9 new cases (1007 total)
875 tests done
47 more people recovered (708 total)
255 active cases (-41, 25% of cases are active, 75% are concluded)
NS has 3 new deaths today, unfortunately all are again from Northwood. 38/44 (86%, +1%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 42/44 (95%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with no deaths and limited new cases. Yesterday, 875 tests were completed with just 9 new cases reported. 75% (+5%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
Will update the bar graph once Northwood releases their data today. The province is still reporting 200 active total cases at Northwood, so the discrepancy between what the province says Northwood has and what Northwood is reporting is very different, they reported just 167 active cases yesterday. Some thought because Northwood releases their data later, that the province might pick that up today (from yesterday) but that did not happen. I am unsure why the large discrepancy, but I will continue to use Northwood's data for my LTC update.
- NS has 44 deaths, making the death rate 44/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 113/1M
- Global rate is 34.1/1M
- US rate is 224/1M
- Austria rate is 70/1M
- Spain is 547/1M
- Sweden is 288/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase maintained itself, under 1% for 5 days in a row.
- Austria dropped back down to just a 0.33% increase, excellent news.
- The rate of increase in Canada maintained itself at just under 5%.
- The US rate of increase increased again yesterday, still over 3%, 2 days of increase in a row now.
- Sweden maintained itself, just over 3%.
- Was a day of maintaining nearly across the board.