Nova Scotia Update:
1 new death
0 new hospitalizations (9 total)
0 new ICU cases (3 total)
1 new case (1019 total)
291 tests done
18 more recoveries (767 total)
204 active cases (-18, 20% of cases are active, 80% are concluded)
NS has 1 new death today, it occurred at Northwood. 42/48 (88%, +1%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 46/48 (96%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases, 3 with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with no deaths and limited new cases. Yesterday, 291 tests were completed with just 1 new case reported. 80% (+2%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of today, just 28 active cases remain outside LTC (residents and staff).
*I asked the Province about the recoveries discrepancy and they responded on Twitter as follows:
"At the moment, our total number of new cases and the number of cases in long-term care facilities reflect two different points in time. That is why they don’t appear to match up."
*I'm unsure why they referred to cases when I explicitly asked about recoveries. I referred them to the statement Northwood made that this was meant to be rectified and also how odd it is that they reported 6 recoveries and then in the same release reported 13 Northwood recoveries. Anyway, if I get any further clarification I will be sure to share it. Based on today's numbers, they have either rectified the issue or the data from Northwood is not reflected in the provincial data until the next day, even though the province is reporting it at the same time.
- NS has 48 deaths, making the death rate 48/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 130/1M
- Global rate is 36.5/1M
- US rate is 242/1M
- Austria rate is 71/1M
- Spain is 562/1M
- Sweden is 315/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase declined further to it's lowest level yet again, at under 0.5% with their lowest daily death toll (again) since March 19!
- Austria with just 3 deaths, is an increase under 0.5% as well, amazing news!
- The rate of increase in Canada increased slightly but is still well under 4%.
- The US rate of increase dropped to by far their lowest level yet at under 1%, with their lowest daily death toll since March 31!
- Sweden had a significant decline yesterday with just 5 deaths and an increase approaching 0%,.
- Very, very good day all around, one of the best yet, in fact!
Nova Scotia Update: