Nova Scotia Update:
1 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations
0 new ICU cases
12 new cases (959 total)
812 tests done
47 more people recovered (592 total)
338 active cases (-36, 35% of cases are active, 65% are concluded)
NS has 1 new death today, it occurred at Northwood. 23/29 (79%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 27/29 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities are reporting cases). As it stands, 93% of deaths and 36% of all cases (342/959) are from long term care facilities. Outside of LTC, NS continues to perform very well day after day. Yesterday, 812 tests were completed with just 12 new cases reported. 65% (+4%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of yesterday, I estimate 94 cases are active outside of LTC facilities.
- NS has 29 deaths, making the death rate 29/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 85/1M
- Global rate is 30.1/1M
- US rate is 192/1M
- Austria rate is 67/1M
- Spain is 521/1M
- Sweden is 253/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase maintained itself at just over 1%, Absolutely fantastic news as they begin to ease lock down restrictions.
- Austria decreased back down to well under 1%, more good news.
- The rate of death in Canada increased slightly to over 6% with the highest single daily death toll we have seen. Not the news I was hoping for but still in line with where we have been the last couple weeks.
- The US rate of increase fell to well under 3.5%, so a good day for the Americans.
- Sweden also had an increase in their figures from yesterday, with an increase of around 5%.
- I am currently researching data on global mortality from year to year, as well as on various aspects of COVID-19 testing methods and general accuracy of the data. Watch this space for updates