Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations, 1 more released from hospital
0 new ICU cases
12 new cases (947 total)
901 tests done
16 more people recovered (545 total)
374 active cases (-4, 39% of cases are active, 61% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. Note 22/28 (79%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 26/28 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities are reporting cases). As it stands, 93% of deaths and 36% (+1%) of all cases (339/947) are from long term care facilities. Outside of LTC, NS continues to perform very well day after day. Yesterday, 901 tests were completed with just 12 new cases reported. 61% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
- NS has 28 deaths, making the death rate 28/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 80/1M
- Global rate is 29.4/1M
- US rate is 186/1M
- Austria rate is 66/1M
- Spain is 515/1M
- Sweden is 241/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase dropped to its lowest yet at barely 1%, with lowest daily death toll since March 21. Absolutely fantastic news!!
- Austria decreased back down to under 2%, more good news.
- The rate of death in Canada dropped slightly to under 5%. Still waiting for that to drop further but until the situations in so many LTC facilities are resolved, we'll continue to see the types of figures we have now.
- The US increased a bit again today, but still under 4.5%. Similar to Canada, we'd really like to start seeing more consistency as soon as possible.
- Sweden also had an increase in their figures from yesterday, with an increase of around 4.5%.
- It's still a bit of an up and down yo yo in many places, most of which signal the continuing volatile nature within LTC facilities that we can only hope calms down very soon.