Nova Scotia Update:
1 new death
2 new hospitalizations
0 new ICU cases
3 new cases (1011 total)
598 tests done
21 more recoveries (743 total)
221 active cases (-19, 22% of cases are active, 78% are concluded)
NS has 1 new deaths today, unfortunately it is again from Northwood. 41/47 (87%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 45/47 (96%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with no deaths and limited, if any new cases. Yesterday, 598 tests were completed with just 3 new cases reported. 78% (+2%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. I can tell you that there are just 32 active cases outside LTC now, but the bar graph will not be ready until I get official case and recovery numbers from Northwood this afternoon.
- NS has 47 deaths, making the death rate 47/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 122/1M
- Global rate is 35.5/1M
- US rate is 235/1M
- Austria rate is 70/1M
- Spain is 556/1M
- Sweden is 310/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase maintained itself, under 1% for the 7th day in a row, with their 3rd lower daily death toll since March 20.
- Austria increased slightly but still well under 1%.
- The rate of increase in Canada fell to well under 4%.
- The US rate of increase decreased significantly to 2%.
- Sweden spiked yesterday with an increase of well over 4%.
- Mostly a very good day, aside from Sweden.