May 31 COVID-19 Update
Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations (7 total)
0 new ICU cases (2 total)
0 new cases (1056 total)
578 tests done
3 new recoveries (981 total)
15 active cases (-3, 1.42% of cases are active, 98.58% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 53/60 (88%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 57/60 (95%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities have reported cases, just Northwood with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with just 1 death in the last 36 days and limited, if any new cases. Yesterday, 578 tests were completed with 0 new cases reported. 98.58% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of today, there are just 15 active cases in TOTAL, just 1 of which are outside LTC.
- NS has 60 deaths, making the death rate 60/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 188/1M
- Global rate is 47.7/1M
- US rate is 316/1M
- Austria rate is 75/1M
- *Spain is 578/1M
- Sweden is 430/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's new data strategy may mean their data takes a few days to iron out as it bounces around until they get it right. For now, I'll just continue to report on their totals as the daily data won't have much meaning at the moment.
- Austria reports 0 deaths. 27/28 days under 1% including 20/22 under 0.5%.
- The rate of increase in Canada dropped back slightly to just over 1.3%. This marks 16 days in a row at 2.1% or less.
- The US rate of increase fell to under 1%. They are at 23 days in a row under 2.12%.
- Sweden's increase dropped back to 1%, meaning 17 of the last 22 days are under 2% including 12 of the last 15.