Nova Scotia Update:
6 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations, 3 more released
0 new ICU cases
8 new cases (971 total)
734 tests done
15 more people recovered (624 total)
310 active cases (-13, 32% of cases are active, 68% are concluded)
NS has 6 new deaths today, all occurred at Northwood, unfortunately. 31/37 (84%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 35/37 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities are reporting cases). As it stands, 95% (+1%) of deaths and 36% (-1%) of all cases (348/971) are from long term care facilities. Outside of LTC, NS continues to perform very well day after day. Yesterday, 734 tests were completed with just 8 new cases reported, excellent news. 68% (+2%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of today (Northwood has already updated their data) I estimate just 36 cases are active outside of LTC facilities. Thoughts and condolences to everyone impacted by the situation at Northwood, we can only hope that it turns around very soon.
- NS has 37 deaths, making the death rate 37/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 95/1M
- Global rate is 31.5/1M
- US rate is 202/1M
- Austria rate is 68/1M
- Spain is 530/1M
- Sweden is 261/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase dropped to its lowest level yet, well under 1% with it's lowest daily death toll since March 19!
- Austria maintained their excellent rate of increase, just a tad over 1%, more good news.
- The rate of death in Canada fell to just over 5%. Hopefully the start of a proper downward trend.
- The US rate of increase fell significantly to 2%, their lowest rate of change since this all began, and 2nd lowest single day toll in a month.
- Sweden also had a significant decrease yesterday with a rate of increase of just 0.6%!
- This is probably the best overall day we've seen yet (internationally), let's hope it starts a trend!