Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations (9 total)
1 new ICU case (4 total)
1 new case (1020 total)
427 tests done
97 more recoveries (864 total)
108 active cases (-96, 11% of cases are active, 89% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 42/48 (88%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 46/48 (96%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases, 3 with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with no deaths and limited, if any new cases. Yesterday, 427 tests were completed with just 1 new case reported. 89% (+9%) of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
Unfortunately, today the data is the worst it has been. The province reported 97 recoveries today, yet only 10 of those are reported as from LTC (10 Northwood staff) as the resident cases actually went up by 1. There were only 28 cases active outside LTC, so as of now, it shows negative 59 cases active outside LTC because of course the math doesn't add up. What I don't understand is, if they are reporting Northwood data 1 day behind, why? They obviously know the recoveries exist otherwise they would not have reported 97 recoveries, so why they can not reflect this in the Northwood data at the same time is something I truly don't understand. I have sent another tweet asking for clarification so will update if I get a reply. There will be NO update of the bar graph today unless the data changes because it simply isn't accurate.
*Note the new visual today. It' just a simple representation of the daily new cases reported in NS. Someone asked about this yesterday, and it was easy to put together, and since this is likely the information that the Province will be using to base many decisions on, it makes sense to show it daily. As usual, if you have any questions, just let me know!
- NS has 48 deaths, making the death rate 48/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 133/1M
- Global rate is 36.9/1M
- US rate is 246/1M
- Austria rate is 71/1M
- Spain is 565/1M
- Sweden is 318/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase maintained itself at well under 1%, the last 10 days in a row have seen these promising numbers.
- Austria with just 2 deaths, is an increase of just 0.32%, amazing news!
- The rate of increase in Canada decreased to 2.5%, our lowest since March 30.
- The US rate of increase ticked up slightly later yesterday's amazing day but is still under 1.5%, the 2ns lowest rate of increase they have seen yet, and 2nd lowest daily death toll in 17 days.
- Sweden increased by under 1%.
- Very, very good day all around, yet again!
Nova Scotia Update: