Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
2 new hospitalizations (9 total)
1 new ICU case (3 total)
7 new cases (1018 total)
676 tests done
6 more recoveries (749 total)
222 active cases (+1, 22% of cases are active, 78% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 41/47 (87%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 45/47 (96%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities are now reporting cases, 3 with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with no deaths and limited new cases. Yesterday, 676 tests were completed with just 7 new cases reported. 78% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded.
**Not 100% sure about the data today. Province lists 11 Northwood staff recoveries (11 less active staff cases today vs yesterday), but only an increase of 6 in total recoveries province wide, which obviously doesn't add up. I've tweeted them, will report back if I get a reply. Due to this discrepancy, it shows we have 43 active cases outside LTC, which is an increase of 11 over yesterday, which makes no sense because there were only 7 new cases today. Another day with data that just doesn't add up. For something so important, it's beyond concerning that the data always seems to have issues leaving us all unsure of where things actually stand, and if/when it's every entirely accurate.**
- NS has 47 deaths, making the death rate 47/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 125/1M
- Global rate is 36/1M
- US rate is 240/1M
- Austria rate is 70/1M
- Spain is 559/1M
- Sweden is 315/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's rate of increase declined to it's lowest level yet, at 0.55% with their lowest daily death toll since March 19!
- Austria with just 1 death, is an increase approaching 0%, amazing news!
- The rate of increase in Canada fell to well under 3% for the first time since March 30 and 2nd lowest daily death toll in 2 weeks.
- The US rate of increase maintained itself at 2%.
- Sweden had a significant decline yesterday with an increase of under 1.5%.
- Very, very good day all around!
Nova Scotia Update: