Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths
0 new hospitalizations, 2 released (3 total)
0 new ICU cases (1 total)
1 new case (1058 total)
639 tests done
1 new recovery (993 total)
5 active cases (no change, 0.47% of cases are active, 99.53% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 53/60 (88%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 57/60 (95%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities have reported cases, just Northwood with active cases). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with just 1 death in the last 39 days and limited, if any new cases. This is the 2nd time there has been 4 days in a row without any deaths in NS since all this began. Yesterday, 639 tests were completed with 1 new case reported. 99.53% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. As of today, there are just 5 active cases in TOTAL, NONE of which are outside LTC. The fact there is 1 new case and 1 new recovery and the same number of Northwood/overall active cases suggests all these were within Northwood and this is still 3 days in a row with 0 cases outside Northwood reported. I know there have been multiple reports of a couple in hospital that are not from Northwood, and I have no idea how to know how that detail fits into everything, all I can do is go by the data and the data for 3 days in a row indicates only Northwood has any active cases. As of today, it looks like 2 of the hospital cases must have been moved back to Northwood as well.
- NS has 60 deaths, making the death rate 60/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 197/1M
- Global rate is 49.1/1M
- US rate is 324/1M
- Austria rate is 76/1M
- *Spain is 578/1M
- Sweden is 437/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain reported 0 deaths for the 2nd day in a row. This is absolutely amazing!
- Austria reports 1 death meaning 30/31 days under a 1% increase including 23/25 under 0.5%.
- The rate of increase in Canada ticked up slightly but still under 1%. This marks 19 days in a row at 2.1% or less and 3 in a row under 1%.
- The US rate of increase also ticked up slightly but is still under 1%. They are at 26 days in a row under 2.12%, 19 in a row under 2%, 9 of them under 1% including the last 4 in a row.
- Sweden jumped up again to around 1.5%. 20 of the last 25 days are under 2% including 15 of the last 18 and last 6 in a row.
Nova Scotia Update: