Nova Scotia Update:
0 new death
0 new hospitalizations (2 total)
0 new ICU cases (2 total)
*0 new cases (1061 total)
691 tests done
*0 new recoveries (994 total)
5 active cases (0.47% of cases are active, 99.53% are concluded)
NS has 0 new deaths today. 53/62 (85%) NS deaths are from Northwood and 57/62 (92%) are from long term care in general (11 different facilities have reported cases, none have an active case). Outside of LTC, the story is the same - NS continues to perform very well day after day with just 3 deaths in the last 45 days and limited, if any new cases. Yesterday, 691 tests were completed with 0 new cases reported. 99.53%% of ALL cases since day 1 are now concluded. NS is now at 6 days in a row with no deaths (the death reported yesterday was actually from several weeks ago). There are still 5 active cases in NS, none in Northwood (all outside LTC). There are now just 2 people in hospital, both in ICU. The data has now been reconciled and is accurate. See further details below.
From the Press Release:
“Nova Scotia is the first province in the country to integrate our lab data with our public health reporting system,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “Panorama is the gold standard and gives us the most up-to-date and comprehensive COVID-19 data.”
*This change altered some data points. The total number of cases increased by one additional case, to reflect a Nova Scotian who tested positive for COVID-19, but who is not currently in the province and was not tested here. The ‘recovered’ category has been renamed ‘resolved’ to more accurately account for all COVID-19 cases whose investigations are considered completed and closed by public health. The breakdown of total number of cases by location is now based on the Nova Scotia Health Authority zone of the individual’s residence, not where their sample was collected for testing.
- NS has 62 deaths, making the death rate 62/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 210/1M
- Global rate is 53.1/1M
- US rate is 341/1M
- Austria rate is 76/1M
- Spain is 578/1M
- Sweden is 461/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain reported 0 deaths. Pandemic has been contained.
- Austria reports 0 deaths again meaning 30/32 days under 0.5% increase as well as the last 12 days in a row. Pandemic has been contained.
- The rate of increase in Canada ticked up slightly but still well under 1%. This marks 26 days in a row at 2.1% or less including 5 in a row under 1%.
- The US rate of increase ticked up slightly but still under 1%. They are at 26 days in a row under a 2% increase, 16 of them under 1% including the last 11 in a row.
- Sweden's rate of increase reduced to under 0.5%. 27 of the last 32 days are under 2% including 22 of the last 25 and last 13 in a row, the last 4 under 1%.
Nova Scotia Update: