Nova Scotia Update:
0 new deaths (23 new cases)
1 new hospitalization
0 new ICU cases, 1 ICU case moved back to regular bed
34 more people recovered (392 total)
0 new deaths today which is excellent news. 11/16 of NS deaths are from Northwood and 15/16 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities). As it stands, 94% of deaths and 32% of all cases (271/850) are from long term care facilities. The new case data today doesn't add up though, as yesterday there were 237 reported cases in LTC and today there is 271 (increase of 34) yet there were only 23 new cases reported. Regardless, the situation outside of LTC in NS is still very strong with just 1 death and limited new cases.
- NS has 16 deaths, making the death rate 16/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 57/1M
- Global rate is 24.7/1M
- US rate is 152/1M
- Austria rate is 58/1M
- Spain is 472/1M
- Sweden is 198/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's numbers held steady again, with their rate of death increasing by just over 2%.
- Austria came way down, with their increase now well under 3%.
- The rate of death in Canada ticked up slightly yesterday but still in line with the previous 5 days, still waiting for that consistent downturn, we aren't there yet.
- The US took a turn in the wrong direction as well, but still under 7%.
- Sweden had a nice downturn, putting their increase at just over 4%, let's hope that momentum continues.
- As you can see, these numbers are still quite volatile. Whilst there isn't any terrible news or troubling signs, we still have some tough days ahead, without question.