Nova Scotia Update:
4 new deaths (all LTC)
24/55 cases reported today from LTC
0 new hospitalizations
1 new ICU case
28 more people recovered (358 total)
Unfortunately, 3/4 deaths are from Northwood, making 11/16 of NS deaths from that facility and 15/16 are from long term care in general (10 different facilities). As it stands, 94% of deaths and 29% of all cases are from long term care facilities. The message is still the same today, outside of LTC, NS is still doing very, very well with no new deaths and a handful of cases. Let's all continue to hope the situation, specifically at Northwood, begins to improve very quickly. My heart goes out to the families of those at Northwood and other LTC facilities across the province.
- NS has 16 deaths, making the death rate 16/1M population
- Canada's rate sitting at 53/1M
- Global rate is 23.8/1M
- US rate is 143/1M
- Austria rate is 58/1M
- Spain is 463/1M
- Sweden is 189/1M
Notable points for today:
- Spain's numbers held steady, with their rate of death increasing by just over 2%.
- Austria actually had their worst day since April 11, let's hope that was just a one off.
- The rate of death in Canada ticked down slightly yesterday but still in line with the previous 4 days, so whilst good news, we haven't seen a sharp downturn as yet
- The US had another best day, with their increase being well under 4%, fantastic news!
- Sweden also ticked back down again but still at nearly a 10% increase, hopefully they get back to the single digits they were at not long ago, asap